Friday, February 20, 2009

Rite Aid

I've been a bit busy, under-the-weather, behind this week. So, my deals haven't been as impressive. I am hoping to work out the Publix deal that Southern Savers is talking about this week.

I wanted to post this deal because it is a good example of coupon/savings for things that you really need. Here's my scenario: I use Tide detergent and Pampers Diapers. Seems Austin & I are both a bit high maintenance with generic versions of this. So, we stick with Tide/Pampers.

22 count pack of Pamper diapers (not a stellar deal; but a deal) originally 12.00 on sale 10.00
Tide New Total Care (20 loads) originally 9.99 on sale for 5.99
Note: This version of tide-the total care is new & a bit more expensive- it was not on the sale
display; but was the same price in the aisle next to the other versions of tide. I wanted Total
Care instead of regular because I had a 1.00 off coupon for Tide Total or .35cents off regular
tide. So, I took both to the register & asked if the Total Care would ring up
at 5.99 also. And it did. Good thing I checked.
Suave Shampoo 2.79

I also tried the Certizine- Rite Aide brand allergery medicine for 5.00 w/ 5.00 off coupon. It didn't work. So, I put it aside. And took it off my purchase. Just sharing, b/c sometimes things don't go as planned & you have to catch this.

My total was 21.00
-I gave her a 5/20 Rite Aid coupon from online that came to my email. They only take Rite Aid only coupons at my Rite Aid- always do this first or you can't use it once the total is below 20.00
-1.00 Off Tide Total Care
-Free Suave shampoo from signing up for the coupon last month
-1.00 Pampers
-6.00 Rite Aid Rebate Check from last month's purchases

Total out of pocket was about 5.21

When I started couponing, I said my goal was to get diapers really cheap. Two weeks ago, I paid 47 cents for about 40 diapers. This week I paid about 2.00 for 20. Not as good of a deal; but it's still a lot bigger savings then before I started coupons. My total savings today was over 75%.

I've been doing this since October, and I still mess things up. Read the deals wrong, etc. But, I know that my main goal was to lower our household/toiletries & I guarantee it's been cut by consistently 60%!

No comments:

Post a Comment